Skip to main content

Why I'm Sharing Our Journey

I wish I would've found a blog like this before starting IVF. One with a ton of information and someone who shares their roller coaster of emotions...maybe I would've felt less alone! My mission for this blog is to inspire women who are struggling with infertility, health problems and anything female related!

I've spent months on google trying to figure out what was wrong with me.

I've spent months crying because of the pain my problems were causing and the thought of not being able to get pregnant like a "normal person."

I've spent months watching facebook pregnancy announcements that literally broke my heart and made me turn into this bitter jealous person- I wouldn't wish these feelings on anyone. YOU know they aren't normal but you cant control them. It's a crazy jealous feeling all while blaming yourself because you're the problem. There's no better way to describe it! IT SUCKS and I prayed every night for it to go away!!

If you are reading this and are not an IVF patient here's some advice. Do not say... "stop worrying about it and it will happen" "timing is everything" "it will happen when its meant to be" "I'm sure nothing is wrong, your just stressed". Those are a few things NOT to say. IVF patients are already stressed and second guessing the process!! And honestly it comes down to science for IVF patients. Everything is planned out for you and timed by the second-this is how it works so relaxing and and letting things just happen isn't going to work- we gotta take action and let doctors make it happen for us!

IVF is scary, EXPENSIVE and does not have a 100% success rate.

So be supportive, be positive and happy for women who are going through this process! Pray for them and let them know you are praying for them. Women grow up thinking when they're ready for a family it will just happen. well for some women that's true and for some its not.  Figuring this out at 30 was not my plan and came as a huge shock - WHY DID THEY NOT TEACH US ABOUT INFERTILITY!! mind blowing, right?

Infertility is not spoken about a lot. No clue why! Most people who have contacted me said they felt ashamed because their body's were not doing what it needed to do and it was their fault for not getting pregnant.

God has a plan and I'm trusting his plan! If you are reading this and going through the process please reach out. If you have kids and never experienced infertility I encourage you follow the blog during the IVF process. It's amazing how babies are created inside and outside of the body. You truly have a miracle!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First IVF Cycle - Failed

Day 5 embryo update - This is the day an embryo makes it or doesn't make it! Unfortunately the 4 embryos we had did not make it to day 5 blast!! This is very crucial in the IVF world because day 5 blast gives you the best quality embryo. Honestly I did not understand what blast meant until they explained it to me, so here you go.... A healthy blastocyst often begins hatching from its outer shell, between day 5 to day 7 after fertilization. In a normal pregnancy the embryo would start attaching to the mothers lining or during IVF they transfer or freeze the embryos at this stage. At this point in the stage its ready to attach to the mothers lining. The doctors said if an embryo doesn't blast at day 5 then it usually means the embryo is not growing at a normal rate and most likely wont pass genetic testing even if it does blast at day 6. I was so disappointed and sad when I got the phone call- HOW IN THE WORLD DID ALL 4 NOT MAKE IT!!! But it is completely out of our contr...

Egg Retrieval & The 5 Day Wait

Goodbye Shots!!!!!! The trigger shot was a success. Egg Retrieval Time!! It really doesn't hurt-Promise! Incase you don't know what Egg Retrieval is.... Here’s how it works: the doctor will use an ultrasound to identify your ovaries. Your doctor will gently guide a needle attached to a catheter through the vaginal wall. One by one, the eggs will be drawn out using light suction. They’ll be collected in test tubes labeled with your name number, which will then be handed off to the embryologist—an expert in the science of oocyte cryopreservation (the technical term for egg freezing). Before you leave the office,  you will know how many eggs were retrieved and moved to the embryology lab. The doctors write the number of eggs on your hand! The next day they call to let you know how many of your eggs were able to be fertilized, they consider this day 1. They continue to update you on day 3 and 5. If you have embryos make it to day 5 they are considered good and re...

Week 2- Stimulation Phase

Night Time Routine The Fertility and IVF world call this “STIMS” This is the process where you are now stimulating your ovaries. This is how I think of it: you are taking your normal size ovaries (almond size) and growing them to the size of oranges. In a normal cycle, you produce ONE egg each month! Well thanks to stimulation you start producing WAY more than one egg, and yes you can feel it!! A lot of girls describe it as a fluttery feeling in their stomach. During the stimulation phase, you visit the doctors frequently, they do blood work and ultrasounds to check your follicles. This is important because it lets you know if your body is or isn't responding to the medications. All my needles for the week! Monday - We started injections- George is a master at this, thank gosh because I did not want to give myself shots!! I started with Gonal and Menopur, both are stimulation medications. The shots are done in the stomach and don’t hurt too bad- little sting an...